Oh, and if you worried about records changing during the process, you can
always dump the original query results into a table, then all you need to do
is grab the top 50000 rows, process and then delete the top 50000 rows,
rinse and repeat.

Then when your batch process is done, just grab any records that changed
since the batch process started and process those records again (which
should be a relatively small number of records.)

-Dan