> Is anyone aware of a CF tag that can communicate with an SNMP enabled
> service?  I really just need basic read-only capability for device
> monitoring, such as reading traffic throughput from a router or switch, or
> retrieving performance metrics from some other services.

Well, assuming they are set up for tcp, you can use TCPClient.

http://www.intrafoundation.com/freeware.html

If know of a couple people that have used the original cfx version to chat
with their cisco routers from cf (sh line, etc).

There's a brand new version I wrote last month that's a c++ com object as
well. Much nicer to use. (The Second Edition).

No specific SNMP, etc examples though but routers are usually telnetable
something like:

<CFOBJECT
        ACTION=CREATE
        NAME=obj
        CLASS=Intrafoundation.TCPClient

<cfset c=obj.Open("router.allaire.com,"23")>

<CFINCLUDE TEMPLATE="obj.mod.cfm">

<CFIF c IS "1">
        <cfset obj.timeout=3.0>

<cfset obj.SendRN("tcpclient")>