We're starting to get CF8 Enterprise hung instances every 3=4 days or so at
different times. For no apparent reason, requests don't complete on two load
balanced instances. Restarting both instances does not help. The instances
become hung again very quickly. Restarting IIS for these instances does not
help either. Our other instances for different domains are not affected so I
don't think the SQL Server db is locked.

Once we reboot the server, all is well. Perhaps the rebooting clears the
network sockets for those instances? I'm out of my experience range here, so
not sure what is going on.

At first I thought we were being hammered by out of control spiders, but
tonight's log analysis doesn't show spider activity during during the time the
instances hang.

1. Can we clear the network sockets without rebooting the server so that we
don't take down the hundreds of websites we host on other instances for the 5
minutes while the server reboots?
2. What's the best way to troubleshoot this? The IIS logs for these two
instances do not shed any light. CF Server logs don't either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Rick