I have a page that does a moderately involved query: it returns 16 fields with
3 left joins, a simple WHERE and ORDER. (I'd include it here but I'm remoting
in and can't copy-and-paste). The database is small - only 40 or so record at
this point.

I can see it in Mozilla and IE, with XP and Windows 7. I'm on DSL and it pops
for me almost immediately.

A user, on DSL using IE, complained the page just flashed at her. I finally
duplicated the problem by accident: my laptop started updating its virus
definitions and then the page started flashing at me. These aren't public pages
so I can't give free access.

That user switched to Mozilla and her problem went away.

Next user, same problem. I'm to the point where all I display is a CFDUMP of
the query and one header row of the output. She still can't see it.

So, the user loads the page and a query is sent to the CF server. It returns a
table with 14 columns, a couple of header rows.

So why does it appear to return he menu options and the the beginning of the
table, then send the same thing over and over but never filling out the table
(with only 12-24 rows)? I believe it's because her machine is too busy to
process what the server is sending it but I must be missing something.
Especially since it works in Mozilla but not IE.

Thanks.