in the case I was referring to Dave, there was no locking, and it was
copying all scopes into sessions (variables, url and form) and then back
again
so it really was for no good reason :-)
however all programmers work different and have a tendency to slate the way
others have done things, thus why I suggested it would be better to just
ask him rather than make assumptions.Most of time we don;t have this option
as the original developer has long since gone.