At work, we have a number of 3rd party vendors that we post to with CFHTTP
calls. Unless we add their certificate to the java keystore, the CFHTTP
connections fail. It wasn't a big deal at first, but the more vendors we
support, the more certificates I add... and the more often a certificate is
expiring.

It is to the point where I'm updating one certificate or another every month
or two.

My question is why do I have to add these certificates to the keystore at
all? They validate fine in a browser (in fact, that is where I always get
the x.50- certificate from... by exporting it through the browser).

This is only an issue for vendors that we have to CFHTTP post to; I do not
need to import certificates to support vendors with web services.

Is there a better method that wouldn't require updating the keystore
everytime a certificate is renewed?

Bobby Hartsfield

http://acoderslife.com

http://cf4em.com