Agreed and someone could always write themselves some custom functions as
wrappers to CF tags for prior versions CF or perhaps even what is missing
in the current.  To a point at least.  I have been a CFScript Nazi for well
over a decade now but fully recognize a place for it and a place for when
to use the tags. I very rarely use it for outputting things and can't say I
really have had a need for much of the added tags-to-functions introduced
in CF9.  We though have many pre-CF9 servers so also does not make too much
sense for me to write anything specific to CF9.