Good idea, I'll check the contents of the ram disk after any failures...

Brook

-----Original Message-----
From: Pete Freitag [mailto:p...@foundeo.com]
Sent: February-22-12 9:58 AM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: Ram Disk problem under load

Hi Brook,

Certainly you will want to have a try / catch around that, you could put the
delete of the ram file in a <cffinally> tag to ensure it runs, otherwise if
an error is thrown in the cfinclude the file never gets deleted and stays in
ram.

Also to answer your question about the garbage collection, I don't think
that would be the issue, the garbage collector only removes objects that
have a reference count of zero, I would assume that when you have a file on
the ram disk ColdFusion maintains a reference to it, when you delete the
file CF will delete the reference and allow the GC to cleanup.

I don't think reducing the size of your ram disk will make the problem go
away.

What you might want to do is run this after you run your load test to see
whats in there:

<cfdirectory directory="ram://" action="list" recurse="true" name="dir">
<cfdump variable="#dir#">

--
Pete Freitag - Adobe Community Professional http://foundeo.com/ - ColdFusion
Consulting & Products http://petefreitag.com/ - My Blog http://hackmycf.com