This is something you must do on the client (browser) and is not
information available on the server.  So, putting it in Application.cfc
isn't at straightforward as you think.  If you google "test javascript
enabled" you'll get a bunch of links on some client side code to run the
test.

BrowserHawk also has this capability, though I think it's overkill if this
is the only thing you're trying to detect.

-Cameron