Hi Bruce.  Thanks for the reply.

I did, but no luck.  On text files, I got the text just fine.  On Word
docs, I got the text but with a whole bunch of garbage in the return.

On ppt, pdf, and excel docs, they all come out as unreadable garbage.  I
tried both the "read" and "readbinary" actions and they both did not work.

Maybe I am doing something wrong?

I am using CF9.

-RR