The latter issue with CFIDE is probably fine too. There probably just isnt
a default doc.

Best practice for a shared host would be to only put a copy of
/CFIDE/scripts into your web root for your convenience, since you shouldn't
have any CF admin access.

Byron Mann
Lead Engineer and Architect
Hostmysite.com