Chad,

Every IIS host that serves ColdFusion content needs the jakarta virtual
directory.  It sounds like you didn't rerun the web connector tool after
you created your "foo" site.  Run the web connector tool and connect
ColdFusion to your "foo" site.  This will add the jakarta virtual
directory, and configure the IIS request handler.

The reason http://foo/ worked is that IIS is falling back to the global
CF wildcard handler to route the request through CF.

HTH,
-Carl