Be interesting to see what they say about this.

One guy doing a ddos probably has limited resources to do an attack. So, a
provider the size of Godaddy, should be able to mitigate that type of
attack within a few minutes with little fallout afterwords.

The hours of downtime point to something else in the mix.

Byron Mann
Lead Engineer and Architect
Hostmysite.com