> How do I implement "Show More Results" type button, similar to google images,
> using ajax and coldfusion  for an image gallery.
> The idea is to show n records at a time on the same page and load next n
> records on button click. I have a db with image names.
> Any pointers would be much appreciated.

To fetch results from the appliance in the first place, you have to
build a search URL, and everything that controls the search is in that
URL. In this case, you'd need to build a pager that sets the start and
num URL parameters appropriately. You can read about the construction
of the search URL here:

https://developers.google.com/search-appliance/documentation/614/xml_reference#request_format

You can easily fetch records from the GSA using ColdFusion's CFHTTP
tag, building the URL as described. In this case, you probably don't
want to render the results using XSLT from the appliance - it's
generally easier to fetch raw XML from the appliance (by omitting the
proxystylesheet URL parameter) and format it from CF.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.