removing the cfqueryparam
<cfqueryparam value="#arguments.payment.getamount_paid()#"
CFSQLType="cf_sql_decimal" null="#not
len(arguments.payment.getamount_paid())#" />,
works..
just having #arguments.payment.getamount_paid()#
causes it to work fine.. 35.52 is saved as 35.52 in the database.

Any ideas as to why this happens? I'm using CF9.0.1