What is really pissing me off about this issue is that even if I copy your
example verbatim and it does not work. I even went to the source of your
example and copied and pasted and it did not work on my test machine. I might
just roll it out to the production site since it's not done yet and see. What's
weird is I can go directly to the page that is being called in the background,
and dump the names, add the username=victor or whatever and it returns the
value 0 which I is what it is supposed to do. Even when I just my db query and
enter an invalid code it works fine. Just when I call it from the form it
returns 1 every time. Frustrating. But I won't let it kick my ass.

Bruce