I don't know about the pay level at the Federal level. I saw a posting for
ColdFusion jobs with the State on MN (where I live) a couple years back and it
was so far underpaid that I cannot imagine even a fresh newbie wanting to work
at that scale. MN does hire it's on coders so thats why I thought he Fed did it
that way too.

Wil Genovese
Sr. Web Application Developer/
Systems Administrator