onMissingTemplate only fires for ColdFusion processed template requests
(.cfm, .cfc, etc). Generally a directory request will need to be handled
by a 404 handler. I haven't tested this, but your issue may be your web
server's default template handler. Most web servers are setup to, by
default, serve index.html first, and then other defined templates (like
index.cfm). You can control that lookup order, by moving index.cfm to
the front of the pack. But, again, it may be that you'll just have to
point your 404 page handler to a custom CF template to parse the url and
treat the result.

Steve 'Cutter' Blades
Adobe Community Professional
Adobe Certified Expert
Advanced Macromedia ColdFusion MX 7 Developer
http://cutterscrossing.com

Co-Author "Learning Ext JS 3.2" Packt Publishing 2010
https://www.packtpub.com/learning-ext-js-3-2-for-building-dynamic-desktop-style-user-interfaces/book

"The best way to predict the future is to help create it"