> but aren't they scanning the interface from a public network? If so,
> you should have a very small number of listening ports. Maybe just
> two: TCP/80 and TCP/443. There is no reason why you'd expose
> TCP/135 to a public network (especially if you're running Windows).

Good advice; in my experience the scan vendors require you to open
your firewall to their scanner IPs so they can get a more complete
picture of vulnerabilities that may be lurking behind it.  One of my
clients ran into problems with this a while back because while 80/443
were the only things open to the public, they had an older version of
Veritas Backup Exec running on the network which had known
vulnerabilities that the QSA complained about.  PCI is a pain in the
arse.  I generally refer people to use Stripe or Braintree Payments
for processing for just these reasons.  The extra per-transaction
costs are usually less than the costs of dealing with all the
network/server security and maintenance required to satisfy the
compliance requirements.

-Justin