>Well this is a completely subjective view but my perception is that
>CF is considered quite a hot technology here in the UK.
>
>I don't know, but I believe the relative strength of CF versus ASP
>is stronger in the US than in Europe because a lot of people in the US
>started building web apps before ASP came out or was usable.

The timing is certainly one contribution, but there are a lot more
"cowboys" and "entpreneurs" in the USA who don't insist on buying
only "safe" products.

In Europe, the entire culture, across countries, is a bureaucratic,
standardized,  politicized mentality, seeking at all costs (extremely
high, eg, the EC machinery of fraud and waster) to avoid the tiniest
risk or non-compliance, and if the product is not 100% "safe" (ie,
it's not an MS product for an MS strategic platform), the product, eg
CF, is seen as too risky.  Is this a conscious orientation? No of
course not. It's like asking fish is they are conscious if water.

Len

http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com : Binary for ISC BIND 8.2.3 T9B for NT4 & W2K
http://IMGate.MEIway.com  : Build free, hi-perf, anti-spam mail gateways