Is smtp actually enabled? I don't believe it is by default with IIS 7.

Cmd>netstat -an

And look for your ip listening on port 25.

Check by going through the control panel, programs and features, then turn
windows features on and off. Believe smtp is under the iis 6 section.

Alternately you could install a different smtp server on your
server/workstation.

Byron Mann
Lead Engineer & Architect
HostMySite.com