Your admins might be referring to the idea that some OTHER application.cfm/c
is being called when none is in the root of the site. These are issues that
can generally be resolved but they have to be understood. I'd get more info.

-----Original Message-----
From: Byron Mann [mailto:byronos...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 10:39 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Application.cfm/c

Trying to wrap my head around any implications around not using an
application file.

Our admins are telling me that we run into issues with customers on our
shared platform not having one. (they didn't specify the issues in the
email).

I can see how non-unique application names might be an issue, but I'm
failing to see any pitfalls to not having one. If anything I would say it
would improve performance, since you could not use application, session and
client scope, thus using less memory utilization.

Looking for any experience where this may have been an issue before I talk
to them tomorrow.

Byron Mann
Lead Engineer & Architect
HostMySite.com