If you use a simple AJAX call back to the server that contains the width and
height, you are not adding much overhead, and more importantly, you can then
ask the user if they want the full or mobile site. I personally do not like it
when I am redirected to the mobile site. Most mobile browsers can render the
full desktop version just fine in today's world. Why not let the user decide
what they want to see instead of forcing a particular version on them.

Sent from my iPhone