could you not have 1 application.cfc which simply calls different
methods/includes according to the path in the URL.
I have never tried it, and it would be bad practice and only a temp
solution (others will swear for my suggesting this), but perhaps a quick
fix would be to have the root application.cfc include a child
application.cfc.

or in your OnRequestStart, you test the URL and include a settings file
from required sub-dir in the URL path, if the path has changed, reload the
application.