> Im having difficulty in creating a datasource to SQL server that has windows
> authentication setup.
> When i create the datasource using the SA account it creates successfully,
> but when i try and use the windows
> account i get an error:
> 'Login failed for user'\domain\username'
>
> i have checked the security options for the server and the user is setup as
> db_owner and when i try and login using
> the SQL management studio with the windows details i can login successfully.
>
> it just wont work when creating the datasource.
>
> I have tried using different combinations in the username field:
> domain\username
> username
> username.domain.local
> usern...@domain.com
> uppercase and lowercase
>
> still i get the same error - 'Login failed for user'

I'll second Russ' recommendation to use mixed mode authentication
instead - it's generally just a lot easier. But if you absolutely,
positively have to use Windows authentication, follow the steps
described here:

http://www.cfuser.com/windows-authentication-sql-server-and-coldfusion/

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
1-202-527-9569
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.