From: Adam Cameron [mailto:dacc...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2014 10:56 AM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: Best practices for xss security in CMS?

That's a bit narrow-sighted.

Hackers don't disable JS to bypass clientside pre-validation, they just post
the form directly. Often the server code is not coded in such a way to be
aware how a post is made (via a legit form, or just by a POST request).

*Always* consider client-side pre-validation a "nice to have" and really
more a UX ("hey, you malformed that phone number, wanna try again?" sort of
thing) consideration than actual validation. And *always *do validation on
the server.

--
Adam