Well you were right I had multiple values, but problem persists. Ran code
below in OnRequestEnd.cfm and verified it was doing its job as expected
(deleting existing cookies, page reloads with new cfid and cftoken, and the
cReset cookie keeps it from happening all over again).  The code didn't
hurt desktops that didn't have a problem, but it didn't help the ones that
did, unfortunately.  never seen anything like this... I usually don't mess
with cookies.

<cfif not isdefined("cookie.cReset")>
    <cfloop
        item="name"
        collection="#cookie#">
        <cfcookie
            name="#name#"
            value=""
            expires="now">
    </cfloop>
    <cfcookie
        name="cReset"
        value="1">
<cflocation url="#variables.CleanURL#" addtoken="No">