Is the server responsive when CF hangs? Or is it a bit slow/unresponsive as
well?
I had some serious crash issues with CF9 64 bit a few years back and
switched over to railo after trying to debug it for weeks without result.

Make sure to check the windows logs if there are any weird events before CF
hangs. My problem was mainly with JVM GC not doing its work properly and
eventually kill CF.
You could try to upgrade your JVM to a newer version that is officially
supported, but not sure if that will help your issue (trial&error).

Good luck!