You don't see it as anything other than a service, if done right the person
won't even know what technology is running on the server.

Sales teams should be selling it as a Java solution, because the byte code
running is technically Java. Secondly if they are selling it as a language
rather than your services, I would be questioning your method od making
money, better still sacking the sales team would be a good start.

People don't care what the site is programmed in, they care it works and
has support if anything goes wrong. How you deliver and sell that is how
you make your money, if they are interested in whether it is PHP or not.
Then maybe I can show you a list of IP addresses that is now into a very
large DB. These IP addresses all resolve to hosting servers that are
running PHP..

Why because they have hacked into these sites and are now using them to
infect other PHP sites.

And you wont to sell PHP in a market like that!!!

If it was me I would sack the sales, they should be selling support
packages, or even the knowledge that ColdFusion is still more secure than
PHP, but to sell your services based on what language you use.... Wow all
the small development houses I know who used to do it that way are all shut
up and no longer in business,

But hey I am more worried that you work for a company that has really no
clue how to sell their services.

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/