Do you see your your flush output in sequence when you hit the page in the
frame directly? Some browsers handle the rendering of frames differently than
individual pages and won’t display the frame content until loading is complete.
 I suspect that may why your <cfflush> output isn’t rendering in sequence.

Working with loading messages is a situation where AJAX really shines.  Any
reason why that isn’t an option?

Jon