i am a bit confused, this is the first time I do this kind of request so bear
with me.

I am trying to do the following:

i created a cf app on the source server (w2k3)

<cfquery name="Param" datasource="lib_datasql" >
        SELECT proxloc from MainServer
</cfquery>
<cfset
fname="#param.proxloc#\@conv_#dateformat(dateadd("d",-1,now()),'dd-mm-yyyy')#.txt">

<cfif FileExists("#fname#") >

        (the above will check for the file and find it)

        then i need to copy the file to the cf server and work with it, that's
were you lost me.
<cfelse>
        not found
</cfif>