> Additionally, we hope to eventually embed QR scanning in either a mobile
> site or app that would allow the user to "scan item(s) now" as part of a
> larger process. In this case, we would like to intercept the QR string
> within our app and disassemble it in the app (instead of redirecting the
> user to the URL). In that case we would just pull out the URL params to
> populate the form and disregard the fact that it's a web link.
>
> I think that this should be possible in theory but I don't know yet what's
> possible within a mobile website vs an app. In a native app I am sure it's
> possible, the mobile site I am still unsure.

If you're building a native app on Android, you can certainly do this
with the ZXing library:
https://github.com/zxing/zxing

I don't think you'll be able to do that with a mobile site, though.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
1-202-527-9569
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.