> The way that it originally worked. was this. The user would re-enter their
> login name and password to "E-Sign" in a module. We would check this
> against AD via CFLDAP and if it was valid the module would be "Signed" The
> original paper process required a supervisor's signature for approval.
>
> The enterprise is implementing a mandatory PIV card system which does away
> with the user entering a password. Instead they enter a PIN number, this is
> never passed to AD it only serves to initialize the PIV card. The Kerberos
> system generates a password which is changed on a regular basis. The end
> user never knows what the password is, only the PIN number.

But what exactly is the purpose of reentering your login name and
password if you've already successfully authenticated to get into the
app in the first place? Why not just put a big button there that says
"Sign This"?

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
1-202-527-9569
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.