From: Dave Watts [mailto:dwa...@figleaf.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 12:16 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: IIS not being recognized by CF 11 install

> from the cf logs...
> Sep 16, 2014 17:49:10 PM Information [localhost-startStop-1] -
> Starting WebSocket...
> Sep 16, 2014 17:49:10 PM Information [localhost-startStop-1] -
> WebSocket server listens on port: 8577 Sep 16, 2014 17:49:11 PM
> Information [localhost-startStop-1] - ColdFusion started Sep 16, 2014
> 17:49:11 PM Information [localhost-startStop-1] - ColdFusion:
> application services are now available
>
> this kinda looks like the internal CF webserver is running... soooo I
> just tried this:
> http://127.0.0.1:8577/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm ... and this
> seemed to try to run and I got a 403 error.
> http://127.0.0.1/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm  ... this delivers 404...
> and of course CFIDE is Not in the IIS web root... not yet anyway

Actually, this doesn't indicate anything about the internal CF web server.
CF 11 supports web sockets, which are listening on a separate port (8577).

But, in general, I do recommend that people install CF using its own web
server, then manually run the web server configuration tool as needed to
connect to IIS or Apache. This helps differentiate between CF problems and
web server problems.

Also, once you've run the web server configuration tool, you should be able
to look at a separate set of log files just for that.

Finally, by default, once you run the web server configuration tool
successfully, the CF Administrator URL you listed should work regardless of
whether CFIDE is in the web root, or you've set up a virtual directory, etc.

> I'm starting to think I don't know how to add IIS to a server... but
> it's pretty straight up.

There isn't that much to it, so I doubt it's your fault. An out-of-the-box
IIS install should work fine with CF 11.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
1-202-527-9569
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

Fig Leaf Software is a Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) on GSA Schedule,
and provides the highest caliber vendor-authorized instruction at our
training centers, online, or onsite.