that would only apply if you are using professional edition, or each VM
exceeds their number of cpu cores/speed on enterprise license.

if you have enterprise and your 2 vm's are within the license restrictions,
then the person at Adobe who told you that obviously doesn;t understand
their own licensing, which is proof enough that it is crap and confusing.