> you will need a sniffer on the server to see any HTTP request from CF.  If
> you are doing local development (where cf is installed on your laptop or
> desktop) then that's where your proxy/sniffer needs to live. CFHTTP is
> technically not a "browser" request - just a straight HTTP request using
> tcp.  I use wireshark for this - fiddler is more of a browser plugin - or at
> least, it proxys it's data to a browser. I suspect it "could" work for
> cfhttp request -just not positive as I've never tried it. Steve's suggestion
> is a good one and fiddler (or Charles) is a great addition to your toolkit
> but it may not work in this specific instance. Sorry to redirect your
> efforts :)

Fiddler is more than a browser plugin. It's a proxy server, and can in
fact capture all outbound HTTP requests from your machine, regardless
of what they come from. I prefer Fiddler to Wireshark for this because
it's purely focused on HTTP/HTTPS and a lot easier to read.

However, you have to configure clients to use it as a proxy. With CF,
you can do this at the JVM level, or you can change your CFHTTP code
to use a specific proxy server.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
1-202-527-9569
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

Fig Leaf Software is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business
(SDVOSB) on GSA Schedule, and provides the highest caliber vendor-
authorized instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.