From: Dave Watts [mailto:dwa...@figleaf.com]
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2014 1:43 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: Distributive Mode

> For better security...piece of mind, I prefer to have my web servers
physically separated from my
> database servers and distributed mode lets me do this.

Again, so does using a reverse proxy. There is no additional security
provided by distributed mode that isn't provided by a reverse proxy.
The goal of both is to separate your application server (CF) from your
public-facing web server. This prevents any exploit of the
public-facing web server from allowing attackers to inject application
server code.

A reverse proxy is arguably a more secure approach than distributed
mode, since you can use different platforms for your public-facing web
server and your internal web+application server.

> I finally did find a good article

https://wikidocs.adobe.com/wiki/display/coldfusionen/WebSocket+Enhancements
that describes exactly
> what I need to do within CF11. I will give this a go and see if I have
success. Thanks for the help and
> advice.

That's not what web sockets are for, actually.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebSocket

But you're welcome, and good luck with your CF endeavors!

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
1-202-527-9569
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

Fig Leaf Software is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business
(SDVOSB) on GSA Schedule, and provides the highest caliber vendor-
authorized instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.