its not just Adobe, Java does this as well with their never ending daily
updates.
Sometimes there has been no option to NOT install the other crapware it
wants to put on my computer. It almost seems as though they intentionally
exclude the opt out option because they know people are so used to having
to install this update they will just click through without thinking about
it, which I have done a couple of times.