We've gone down this road many a time, and I was a hard convert when
coldfusion builder 1.0 came out myself but it really didn't take long to
get use to.
Today I switch between CB3 and sublimetext depending on what I'm working on.

Svn is best when you tie it into continuous integration where your commit
to trunk can be built to DEV server automatically with the likes of Jenkins
installed. Then those build are promoted to QA, UAT and to production.

Stop saying you can't or its too much work or I like the old way, just suck
it up and do it.

Teams of 1 to 1000 say yes..  But I would jump right to Git over Svn any
day.