Also, don't forget that with Java 8 you will not have access to any ODBC
datasources as they have removed the JDBC-ODBC bridge in Java 1.8.

This is a non-issue for most, but for company's like ours that provide
middleware for legacy applications using older dBase, FoxPro, etc. back ends,
you're stuck on Java 7 or need to pay a not so small amount of money on a pure
JDBC driver (we've experimented with all of them and they all have
inconsistencies and compatibility issues) or there are some not so inexpensive
JDBC-ODBC bridge drivers, but if you're going to pay for drivers, you may as
well use a pure JDBC version...

Anyways, just a reminder for anyone else whose stuck having to support these
old db's.