I'm working on building a search interface for a "document depo" on a
site. The document folder has files going all the way back to 2005, and
includes a number of 10+ meg pdf files,  a few that are over 20 megs,
countless Word and Excel files, Power Point presentations....

I don't have access to the CFAdministrator, so:

<cfcollection
     action = "create"
     categories = "no"
     collection = "docDEPO"
     engine = "verity"
     language = "English"
     path = "#req.path#\collections\">

<cfindex
     collection="docDEPO"
     action="refresh"
     type="path"
     key="#req.path#\documentdepot\"
     language="English"
     status="info"
     extensions=".pdf,.pptx,.docx,.doc,.xls,.xlsx,.ppsx,.txt, ppt">

The collection was created successfully as far as I can tell. However,
indexing has been running (or at least the wheel on my browser is still
turning) for almost 3 hours now. I'm going to forget about it and go mow
my grass and see what's happening when I finish.

I'm thinking though ... too much stuff to index? Or is amount of time
not out of line for a very large collection of files?
Also, I've not been able to find a list of legally accepted extensions.
I might have something listed that's just going to cause it to crap out
anyway.

Thoughts? Try something else? What exactly?