> True, but it is my understanding that if you are shipping inside your own
> state, you use your own office's county/city sales tax rate.  But if you
> are shipping outside of the state, you use that state's overall sales tax
> rate, unless you have an office/location in that state and then you use
the
> office's country/city rate.

You are correct, but I doubt that the original poster has stores in all 50
states (but hey who knows?).  Anyway, not only do you need different county
tax information, sometimes if you are in a city in a county other taxes
apply, and so on.  It really is too difficult to keep up with all of that,
so I suggest setting a slightly higher shipping/handling fee that evens
everything out.

--=@ greg @=--
> True, but it is my understanding that if you are shipping inside your own
> state, you use your own office's county/city sales tax rate.  But if you
> are shipping outside of the state, you use that state's overall sales tax
> rate, unless you have an office/location in that state and then you use
the
> office's country/city rate.  This is my understanding from the comptroller
> of Texas.  Maybe it is different on a state by state basis and I will
> welcome any feedback as well.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Vance Duke
> Cold Fusion Application Developer