Hi Phoeun,

I'm pretty sure some of the replies here may have already answered
your question.  I've battled with project managers about this because
they want to be able to somehow assure a client that there is NO way
you can upload a file greater than a certain size.  And like the guys
before me have said, it is theoretically impossible to do... cf
doesn't know how large the file is until after it's completed the
upload.  Some, in theory, someone could upload a 9GB file to your
server and take it down.

The one thing that I think we can all fall back on in regards to the
possibility of someone sending an abnormally large file to then crash
the CFAS server, is that we can set CF to timeout after a certain
amount of time running a template.  So, unless the client browser
uploading the file has a huge pipe to your server, the template will
time out BEFORE completely uploading his/her 9GB file they're trying
to upload.

HTH

Aaron Johnson, MCSE, MCP+I
Allaire Certified ColdFusion Developer