Cameron,

While this thread has demonstrated why autoresponders should remain
on the server side, Outlook does have the capability to be an
autoresponder.  For example, if I go on vacation I can leave my
computer on, have my mail client pop the server every couple hours,
and send an autoreply to all OR using advanced filtering, just some
of those people who send an email.  I'm guesstimating that most
people are setting up their mail client to auto respond but aren't
filtering.

Aaron Johnson, MCSE, MCP+I
Allaire Certified ColdFusion Developer
MINDSEYE, Inc.