Delays come from either a problem with the machine running the list OR a
problem with the connection between the list machine and the recieving server.
The list might be going great guns, but your posts may be delayed because of
line trouble, routing, etc. To see what posts have gotten to the list and when,
go to http://www.houseoffusion.com/archive. This is an 'up to the minute'
archive of all the lists hosted at House of Fusion.
By looking at the latest posts, you can see if yours have gotten to the list or
not. If it has and you havn't seen it in your email box yet, then you've got a
delay. If you don't see it there, then the list has a delay. I'll have a
'traffic light' up there and on the main site page showing the list status at
all times. This should put peoples minds a little at ease when it comes to the
list (hopefully).

> If I don't understand it correctly, delays may be caused by mail routers and

> such. But if I am using an SMPT server running on my box (the one that comes

> with Win2K/IIS5), I shouldn't be seeing a 4hour delay for my own posts,
right?