I thought the neat tag CF_AEBrowser.cfm would solve my Javascript
problem.  But my hopes were mis-placed.  The tag works fine, but Netscape
is not playing nice.

I'm using the following to create a popup window:

<script language="JavaScript">
         <!--
         function openWindow(url, name) {
         popupWin = window.open(url, name,
"resizable,location,scrollbars,width=500,height=500,left=75,top=75");
         }
         //-->
</script>

except when the user has Javascript turned off.

So I use:

<CFMODULE TEMPLATE="CF_AEBrowser.cfm">
<CFIF BROWSER.supportJavascript>
<CFSET Request.JS_ON_OFF = "Yes">
</CFIF>

in application.cfm to determine if the user has Javascript ON or OFF.

The problem is that Netscape opens the window FULL SCREEN size with the
above JS function, just as it does with the TARGET="_BLANK" attribute of a
HREF.

With or without the aid of Javascript, IE opens a partial window.

Is there a work-around?  I'd like a partial window to open because a new
full screen window will confuse users.

best,  paul