From: Joby Bednar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2001 1:27 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CFUPDATE giving me problems, please help...

I have an admin form to add/edit records in an Access 2000 database.  I try
to edit a user's record and I get this error:

Error Diagnostic Information
SQL operation updated no rows.
The SQL operation affected no rows.Either the Key value has changed or the
row has been deleted.
The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of
(CFUPDATE), occupying document position (30:1) to (30:50).

The problem only comes up when I try to change the username field
"username".  As far as I can tell, even though I have an id field that is
the key for the database, it thinks "username" is my key and CFUPDATE will
give me this error.  All other uses of the database work fine (other
updates, query, delete, etc.) and I double checked to make sure "id" is the
key and it is.  Is "username" a reserved word somewhere where this would be
such a problem?  Is the problem with Access 2000 or CFUPDATE?  Any help
would be great.

The code to update is very simple: <cfupdate datasource="mydatasource"
tablename="mytablename">

Joby Bednar
Director of Internet Design
iNEOgroup.com