From: Kevin Langevin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2001 9:35 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Help needed with ODBC Excel datasource problems...

Hi all-

Got a tricky one for ya.  I have an Excel datasource that I need to import
into an Access DB.  I've been to www.cfcomet.com (excellent site, by the
way...definitely visit for any issues with accessing MS Office Objects
through CF) which gave me a start, but I've run into a problem I can't find
addressed anywhere.

Didn't work. :(  I have one particular field which, in some cases:

a) is blank,
b) has a number in it, or
c) has multiple numbers, separated by spaces (ie. 3 5 2)

For whatever reason, CF is importing this field as a number, converting the
3 to 3.0, and dropping the rest of the field.  This has me stymied, because