From: Larry W. Virden [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2001 11:17 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: What are some options for generating large outputs

A user has specifically requested to see the results of a query where
the resulting output is 32,000 or more records.  It takes more than
15 minutes to generate the huge HTML table that is currently being
generated, the server is slowed down during this time, the potential
for thread conflicts occur, etc.  We also are aware that some versions
of browsers that have severe problems attempting to display or print
massive sized tables.

An attempt was made to turn this data into html data which was then
imported into Excel as an alternate means of display - Excel then reported
with 'out of memory' after an hour....

So what are some alternatives?  Perhaps generation of an Excel spreadsheet
directly - except does anyone know of a Solaris ColdFusion tag that runs
efficiently and generates an Excel compatible spreadsheet?  What are some
alternatives means of presenting massive amounts of tabular data?

--
Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.
Larry W. Virden <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <URL: