From: Ethan Rosch [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2001 9:22 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: modules, loops and variables....

hi all...

quick question as I delve into the world of modules and loops...

I am trying to build a module that will in turn loop over the attributes
sent to it, which are form fields......this module will take whatever form
fields are sent to it and then get there values and act via a loop.

my problem is how to get the formfelds to parse to their values in the
module loop and not their names.

here's a sample code of the idea:

<cfmodule template="test.cfm"
    mylist="firstformfieldname,secondformfieldname,">

---------------------------------------

for this example let's say that

firstformfield's user inputed value = Red
secondformfield's user inputed value = blue

now the module

-------------------------------

<cfloop index="fieldname" list="#attributes.mylist#">

    <cfoutput>#Fieldname#</cfoutput>

</cfloop>

what I want is :

Red
Blue

what I get is:

FirstFormField
SecondFormField

any idea's would be greatly appreciated...I'm beating myself up and now I
come to you.....

thanks,

ethan